Dominic joined Oxford HR in 2020 as a consultant after spending 12 years working in the international education sector, accumulating a wealth of strategic leadership and education expertise. During this time Dominic led Sabre Education’s growth from micro-charity to become one of Africa’s leading early childhood education organisations, working in close partnership with the Ghanaian Ministry of Education. In the early stages of his career, Dominic worked as a consultant and programme manager for Crown Agents supporting the delivery of fiscal reform projects in Mozambique and Angola, and as a consultant to the UK Department for International Development.
At Oxford HR, Dominic’s work has focussed on the Education and Philanthropy sectors, as well as supporting organisations making a founder-CEO transition. Having completed his own founder transition upon leaving Sabre Education, this is a particular area of interest and first-hand knowledge. Thanks to his leadership roles in the non-profit sector, Dominic has strong experience of organisational development, growth strategy, impact measurement and governance, and he has worked on a range of development issues including education, water and sanitation, conflict resolution and fiscal reform. Dominic is passionate about helping purpose driven organisations to build their leadership capacity to bring about system change and transform the life chances of future generations.
Dominic speaks Spanish and Portuguese and holds a Master’s degree from the School of Oriental and African Studies. He lives in Cornwall with his wife and three children, where he recently completed the renovation and conversion of an old stone barn and is caretaking a wild apple orchard.
”I love the way Oxford HR supports meaningful conversations in the sector that go beyond our direct service delivery - for me this is part of how we 'walk our talk' on mission and purpose.
View Dominic's current roles
|Job Category||Dom, Lewis|
|Closing Date||2nd July 2023|
|Job Category||Dom, George|
|Closing Date||11th June|
- Oversees all business development at Connexi, from building and maintaining client relationships to implementing capture efforts to preparing proposals. Responsible for quality assurance/control of the proposal process and final proposal product.
- Drives sales and backlog generation by designing and executing targeted marketing and sales strategies and plans for Connexi's business lines.
- Leads market analysis to identify business opportunities within Connexi’s target markets.
- Based on market analysis, leads the development and implementation of Connexi’s business development strategy, including client identification and engagement, and formulates annual business and work plans, including new directions and approaches to grow the company and increase market share.
- In collaboration with Connexi leadership, develops and implements strategies to optimize Connexi profitability and win rates.
- Analyzes win/loss information and proposal debriefs to improve proposal processes and content.
- Participates in problem solving with respect to business development and client engagement and responds immediately to critical situations, developing solutions that meet Connexi needs.
- Identifies, researches, and actively engages with potential clients to develop and secure new business opportunities.
- Develops and maintains client relationships, and oversees, manages, and prioritizes business opportunities; leads initiatives to leverage new revenue streams; and designs and implements holistic and client specific communication and outreach plans, ensuring that they are informative, effective, and engaging. • Establishes and nurtures collaborative relationships with partners, subcontractors, technical specialists, and clients.
- Undertakes leadership role in proposal development, analyzing, and recommending bid decisions, and conceptualizing teaming, technical approaches, and pricing strategies to maximize competitive advantage.
- Structures proposal teams and provides vision and leadership to proposal efforts.
- Plays lead roles in proposals such as technical writer and proposal strategist; conducts proposal reviews.
- Collaborates with Connexi technical team to support the development of technical products, service offerings, and value propositions to maintain full alignment with client requirements and build competitive advantage.
- Supports Connexi’s technical team to assess needs for client presentations and ensure that they have the necessary collateral during pitches. Customizes presentations, case studies, and other key collateral to match client needs and present a value proposition that aligns with different clients’ needs.
|Job Category||Dom, Health, Humanitarian, Livelihoods & Agriculture, Maria G, Trade|
|Location||Dubai, India, Portugal, or Washington, DC|
|Closing Date||21st May|
|Job Category||AC, Adrina, Alanna, Alisha, Amanda, Ana, Angeline, Anna, Arni, Bob, Christel, Data, Dom, Education, Environment, Erica, Erik, Estefania, Evelyne, George, Health, Helen, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Hye, Jennifer, Josje, Judy, Karen, Lewis, Lisanne, Livelihoods & Agriculture, Maria G, Mark W, Martine, Mayank, Mia, Michael, Michelle, Nada, Nafeesa, Neil, Nick, Nicola, Noha, Ottilia, OxHR Jobs, Peter, Prisca, Rachel, Razane, Robert, Rosa, Rose, Sobhi, Suzie Li, Tamsin, Team, Thibaut, Toby, Trade, Yolanda, Zoe|
Dominic’s recent placements include:
”Global Alliance for the Future of FoodExecutive Director
”Chemonics InternationalManaging Director UK
”PorticusDirector Effective Philanthropy Group
”Room to Read South AfricaDirector of Research, Monitoring & Evaluation
”Oxford HR had the right experience within the non-for-profit sector to understand the nature and needs of the organisation and the required competencies for the candidateNoha ShawkyGlobal Chief of Staff, World Scout Bureau
”Thank you for all of your incredible work and guidance throughout the entire search. I really feel you went above and beyond in terms of learning about Malala Fund's work and making sure we got this extremely important hire just right. Our conversations felt very much like we were speaking to a colleague versus an outside recruiter.Isa MiahDirector National Programmes, Malala Fund
”We felt there was a really good understanding of what was needed and there was a real desire to get the right candidate. I think it’s an enormous strength that most of their staff come from the sector.Fiona GriegCEO, Link Education
”I think that’s what an organisation is paying for when they hire Oxford HR; you’re taking the time to really get to know the clients.Susan Place-EverhartCEO, Sabre Education
”I found Oxford HR to be supportive and very informative throughout. They absolutely understood the brief that they were working to for Magic Breakfast, and were able to respond to queries in plenty of detail.Joanne ThompsonChair, Magic Breakfast